Hi, everyone. We've gotten some lovely Christmas cards from our kitty friends. We are especially impressed by the fact that Lilly Lu and Mu Shu posed for their photo. We have sent out our cards and some e-cards as well to our friends. We wish everyone a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year and lots of treats and cuddles.
Miss Lydia is settling in. She still doesn't like to be picked up but loves to be petted. Every evening she plays "Red Dot" with Daddy and races around the house. Toby is well but being a bit of a mean big brother. Sometimes he chases Lydia and has to get squirted with the water bottle.
Friday evening Mum had a bit of an accident. While getting the mail, she slipped on the ice and fell. She broke her wrist. Fortunately there were no other injuries and her pacer/ICD is OK. She will be going this week to get a cast. We may not be blogging as much until she's back to normal. Poor Dad will be working double shifts, one at the paper and then at home. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Happy Sunday, everyone! Mum Kate here. I'm having a bit of a problem with the kitties and I'm hoping someone in the Blogosphere can help. Miss Lydia is settling down fairly well. I made the mistake of trying to pick her up and she scrabbled off. She's now a little skittish again. It's my fault, but I couldn't resist the soft fluffy fur... you know how it is.... I'm going nuts because I want to cuddle my girl! The problem is that Toby, while not actually physically attacking her, has become the resident " Intimidator". He lounges around the living room, keeping her from the food bowls and won't let her near our bedroom. We already have a separate litterbox in the living room for her, but I really don't know what else to do. Our apartment is tiny, so there isn't a lot of ability to separate them and I want them to get used to each other anyhow. After a while, he saunters off to the bedroom to sleep and she is able to eat. She doesn't hide now from him and he generally ignores her, just throws his weight around. I've had cats all my life and I know from experience that I need to be patient and that most cats will learn to tolerate (if not like) each other. She is lively and playful, so I'm inclined to think I just need to be more patient. I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, feedback and bearer bonds. Thanks in advance.
Well, wasn't THAT a party! First off, we want to thank everyone who showed up. It was great seeing old and new friends. We'll have to do it again real soon. We especially liked the creative uses for leftover turkey...yum, turkey tamales! Mum says she's going to change the blog to reflect the changes in our family. If no one objects, we'd like to keep the Gorgeous Gingers logo. Tilly is no longer with us, but she is a member of the Rainbow Division. We will keep our name so you can still find us! Lydia is sleeping in her hideyhole behind the big bookcase and Toby is sleeping on the floor of the bedroom closet. They both snore loudly. Fat Eric was still here late Saturday, but I think he finally made it home. Mum is shaking her head as she wanders around, gathering up catnip toys and rinsing out cat bowls and scooping litterboxes.... Have a good evening!
Those of you who got up early to go shopping and are back home can just relax and have a bite to eat.
We brought in extra turkeys, including one each just for Ed and Fat Eric. There are all kinds of napping spots and toys to play with. Lydia is turning into a playful girl so maybe some of you old pros can show her how to play tub hockey. Later on, the girl kitties will get together to discuss proper household management, wardrobe and who is the cutest Red Sox player.
We invited Groucho Marx and his friends to sing a song about Lydia. The video (which belongs to someone else) is here on YouTube. Groucho got the lyrics wrong. It's supposed to "Lydia, oh Lydia, have you met Lydia? Lydia the Calico Kitty."
We also had a hard time keeping Harpo off the ceiling.
Everyone is so kind -- welcoming Lydia to the blogosphere and Toby is glad to meet up with old friends.
Drop by anytime and stay long! P.S. Mum says there will be seafood later, for those who want.
Here at the Tower Hill Mob, we have been adrift for some time now. Dad gets up in the morning and grumbles off to work. When Mum isn't at various doctors' appointments, she's doing even less housework than normal. (It's true -- she's a slug!) Toby has a breakfast or two, has a bit of a wash and spends his days napping in his hidey-holes. In short, we are in a Rut of monumental proportions. We needed leadership, we needed organizational skills, we needed Dr. Phil to chew our collective butts out and get us motivated.
Dr. Phil was busy.
It is a truth universally agreed (sorry, Jane, couldn't resist) that torties/callies are the best organized, bossiest kitties around. One of those could help us, Mum decided.
Meet Lydia. She is a dilute calico, about 3 years old. She is shy, yet friendly. She does have pupils, but decided to use her laser eyes for her first photo. We look forward to being bossed around by her for many years to come.
We are hosting an after-Thanksgiving party tomorrow. All kitties and other critters and their beans are invited to come and eat leftover goodies and meet Lydia.
We expect to be updating our profiles and posting more frequently (Mum hopes).
Mad Toby Parker, Pirate King of the Merrimack Valley, shares with an amazed public his thoroughly modern stealth pirate ship. He refuses to disclose the location, but informed sources say they suspect it is in or near the Baltimore region. The ship,known simply as " Cat Breath" is in port for refitting and for the crew to gorge on crab and shrimp steamed with Old Bay seasoning and kegs of Yuengling beer.
Hello, everyone. My good friend, Sir Ed the Rotund tagged me for a meme so I thought I would check in to the blogosphere.
1. Where were you 10 years ago? I was a young 3 year old kitty. I lived with Mum and Dad and my brother Jiggsy Doodle and Tilly in a different apartment. We would watch the birdies and squirrels from the deck and race down the hallway all night.
2. Where were you 1 year ago? We were still mourning the sudden death of my brother. I was getting used to living with just Tilly (the Orange One).
3. 5 Snacks you enjoy? I like ham, Temptations, tomato sauce, milk/ice cream lappies and NIP!
4. 5 Songs I know all the words to? Hmmmn, tough one. Mum and Dad often sing songs to me. They usually make them up as they go along, so the words change. I like " I am the model of a very large tigger cat" and " Tigg of the day, where will it nap?" You get the idea...
5. 5 Thing if I were a millionaire? Lots to charity-probably Best Friends or other no-kill shelters and for bean charities like the Salvation Army. Pay off Mum's medical bills! Buy Dad the kicka** Altima coupe of his dreams! Take Grandma on a trip. Help Dad's Mum and Dad with their bills and stuff.
6. 5 Bad Habits? I shed LOTS! I tend to flop over from ennui and hunger in the most inconvenient spots.
7. 5 Thing I like doing Eat. Sleep. Root around in the cabinets. Sit on Mum's implanted defibrillator and play the piano. Sit on Dad's back when he's sleeping and play the cello.
8. 5 Things I would never wear again. I don't wear clothes. I'm a nudist. However I admire the fashion sense of my feline friends.
9. 5 Favorite toys? Feather toy, nip in various forms, the cord to the blinds in the bedroom. I don't understand catnip bubbles or the Red Dot. I am old and a bit dim.
I enjoyed doing this meme and hope everyone is well. I tag any kitty who hasn't played yet.
Toby- a 14 year old handsome tiger cat, part Maine Coon. After being the only kitty for a few years, he was shocked when Cupcake moved in.
Cupcake FKA Lydia- a three year old dilute calico. She is still settling down,is very playful and friendly, but shy.